This is All the flavor without the frying!
soak dried pinto beans overnight in cool water
1 tablespoon Garlic EVOO
1/2 tablespoon Baklouti (Green Chili) EVOO
1 medium onion chopped
1 bunch of cilantro or (parsley if you don’t like cilantro)
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
2 cups pinto beans soaked
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1. In the pre-heated pressure cooker, on medium heat without the lid, add the oil and sauté the onions, cilantro (parsley), and cumin until the onions soften.
2. Add the beans & water.
3. Close and lock the lid. Turn the heat up to high until the cooker reaches pressure. Cook 10 minutes on high pressure.
4. Open with natural release method. Allow to cool
5. Remove beans and mash them with potato masher.
6. Serve with an optional dollop of sour cream.
Original recipe from Instant Pot