1 whole roasted red pepper cut into 2” pieces
2 tablespoons of lemon fused extra virgin olive oil
1/2 of pitted kalamata olives (or olives of choice)
2 cups of (unsalted kitchen basics) chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 cup of (whole wheat or tri color ) Israeli couscous
1/2 cup of canned artichokes quartered
dash of kosher salt (optional) and pepper
1/2 cup of firm (regular, low fat, fat-free) feta cheese diced in very small pieces or crumbled
2 tablespoons of fresh dill, minced
1. Make the roasted red peppers and set aside
2. In a medium port add broth and couscous and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently.
3. While couscous is cooking prepare rest of salad. In a large bowl add roasted red peppers, artichokes and kalamata olives.
4. Once couscous is done add to the bowl and stir in lemon fused EVOO and a dash of kosher salt (optional) and fresh pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. Add feta cheese, dill and drizzle with more oil if needed. Stir to incorporate.
6. Garnish with 2 tablespoons of fresh dill minced - more or less depending on your taste.
7. Serve and enjoy
recipe from Concord Hospital Center For Health Promotion adapted from Williams Sonoma